Wednesday, October 21, 2015

October 23, 2015

"Now faith is....." Hebrews 11:1a


I have already established that faith exists in the now. The faith I had when I began writing this article is of little consequence at this moment. Faith is based on a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and relationships are dynamic not static.

So, there is no doubt that "now" faith is what changes the world because now faith brings God's presence, God's power, God's purpose, God's peace, God's perspective and God's passion to your life!

Now that I have reiterated the importance of "now" faith I want to add another truth about it. "Now" faith is powerful because it bridges past victories to a future vision!

How do I know what God can and will do in the future?

I only know what He will do because I know what He has done and I know His character and nature has not changed. Isn't it true that the best predictor of what someone will do is what they have done in the past?

When it comes to developing a vision for my life or for my ministry I do it by using my "now" faith to factor God's past performance forward to a new project. 

I know what God CAN do by knowing what He HAS done! Faith believes that because God has done it before He can do it again!

Isn't that the main truth that drives Hebrews 11? Abraham had faith God would use him to build a great nation because he knew what God had done in days gone by. 

Noah had faith to build an ark to save his people from a flood despite never having seen rain not having built a boat. Where did that vision come from? Where did he find that faith? 

He believed what God could do because he believed what God had done. Faith allowed him to believe God could do it through him! Noah's "now" faith led him to connect his past faith to a future vision. And, it was his "now" faith that gave him the strength and stamina to go to work on the ark every day for over a century!

"Now" faith is powerful in the moment because it is anchored in past victories while anticipating future vision!

If you are struggling with a vision for future blessings spend time reflecting on past blessings!




No comments:

Post a Comment