"I write this to you who believe in the Son of God, so that you may know you have eternal life. And we can be confident that he will listen to us whenever we ask him for anything in line with his will. And if we know he is listening when we make our requests, we can be sure that he will give us what we ask for." I JOHN 5:13-15
I have shared several steps on who to deal with people who are skeptical toward your faith. Each of them are important but none is no more important than this final one, praying for God's Holy Spirit to work on the skeptical person.
Here's how to pray intercessory prayers:
- Claim these two promises from God's Word. He doesn't want anyone to perish without knowing Christ and He promises to give us what we ask when it is according to His will.
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to convict him of his sin.
- Pray for the light of God's truth to break through his spiritual darkness.
- Pray for God to give you favor in his life so he will be open to what you share.
- Pray for other Christians to intersect his path and enhance your witness to him.
You did not come to know Christ without someone or several someones praying for you. Neither did I. No one does!
Whenever God allows me to lead someone to faith in Christ, I will ask them, "Who has been praying for you?" and they always have an answer.
All of these steps I have shared combine to form a very powerful strategy for winning over skeptics to faith in Christ. It's how you got there and it how I got there and it is the only way your friend will get there.
So, who are you praying for?
How are you praying for them?