"He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in." Isaiah 40:22
Many people have been conditioned to think that science and Scripture are incompatible. In fact, nothing could be further from the truth. Centuries before medieval scholars had figured out the world wasn't flat, the Bible announced its curvature. (Isaiah 40:22) Numerous other scientific principles are announced in the Scriptures long before they were discovered and confirmed by scientific methods.
Consider these amazing revelations:
* The roundness of the earth (see Isaiah 40:22)
* The almost infinite extent of the universe (see Isaiah 55:9)
* Law of conservation of mass and energy (see II Peter 3:7)
* The hydrologic cycle (see Eccles. 1:7)
* Vast number of stars (see Jeremiah 33:22)
* The law of increasing entropy (see Psalm 102:25-27)
* The vital importance of blood in life processes (see Lev. 17:11)
* Atmospheric circulation (see Eccles. 1:6)
* The gravitational field (Job 26:7)
None of these revelations are couched in technical scientific jargon, but nonetheless, they bring to light facts about the universe that were not previously known. How were these advanced scientific truths revealed? Even though they would not be widely studied or understood for centuries, God's Word reveals them in various portions of Scripture.
How did these ancient writers know these elements of nature when they had not studied them and when they were not readily known? Lucky guess? I don't think so!
They could only know these natural truths if they were divinely revealed by One Who is supernatural!
If God could reveal these facts centuries before they were proven by accepted scientific methods, maybe He can be trusted to inspire the rest of the Scriptures, too! Since He was right in these predictions, maybe we can trust His veracity in the other Books of Scripture!
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to believe in God's Word!