"Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show it by his good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom." James 3:13
Here is a quick IQ test:
1) Some months have 30 days,some months have 31 days. How many months have 28 days?
2) If a doctor gives you 3 pills and tells you to take one pill every half hour, how long would it be before all the pills had been taken?
3) I went to bed at eight o'clock in the evening and wound up my clock and set the alarm to sound at nine o'clock in the morning. How many hours sleep would I get before being awoken by the alarm?
4) Divide 30 by half and add ten. What do you get?
5) A farmer had 17 sheep. All but 9 died. How many live sheep were left?
6) If you had only one match and entered a COLD and DARK room, where there was an oil heater, an oil lamp and a candle, which would you light first?
Those aren't too bad are they?
An IQ test (Intelligence Quotient) measures your ability to process information and knowledge you have accumulated. Some people consider that important. By the way, here are the answers in case you need them.
1) All of them. Every month has at least 28 days.
2) 1 hour. If you take a pill at 1 o'clock,then another at 1.30 and the last at 2 o'clock,they will be taken in 1 hour.
3) 1 hour. It is a wind up alarm clock which cannot discriminate between a.m. and p.m.
4) 70. Dividing by half is the same as multiplying by 2.
5) 9 live sheep.
6) The match.
God has an IQ test that is far more important to Him. He cares significantly about your Integrity Quotient. How well does your life reflect the truths and the values you profess to believe?
Integrity is a measure of how you "intigrate" what you believe into what you do. In fact, if you don't do it you don't actually believe it.
That is the important truth James is reminding you about in these verses. Wisdom is a function of how you live and behave and the attitudes you display. Wisdom is measured by how well your life matches your professed beliefs.
Your Integrity Quotient is important not only to God, but it is crucial to how non-believers judge the validilty of faith. Christians who profess one thing but demonstrate another are damaging to the cause of Christ.
When it comes to your IQ (intelligence quotient) the higher score the better. The same is true of your Integrity Quotient. 100% is the goal! That person is the real deal!
How is your IQ?