“I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you” Genesis 12:2-3
Nothing happens until you believe in God. At least nothing that lasts.
When God called Abraham He made him some promises and then it was up to Abraham to decide if he would believe God. In order to believe in God it is necessary to know God through faith.
God didn’t call Abraham to blind faith. He called Abraham to be willing to believe what he saw and heard from God.
Believing begins with knowing God personally by faith. When you invite Him to be your God and Savior He will reveal Himself through His Holy Spirit. As Romans 8 says, “His Spirit will bear witness with your spirit that you are a child of God”.
Once you know God personally you grow in that personal relationship by learning His Word and doing His will!
After you become a believer you will find it vitally important to become part of a church since worship is the next step in getting to know God, continuing to learn His Word and being encouraged to live our His will and purpose.
A healthy church, like FredWes, will make it easy to believe for the following reasons:
1) A healthy church will believe so strongly in God’s will, God’s Word and worship that it will make it easier for you to believe!
2) A healthy church will believe in you! You will be accepted, loved, encouraged, developed, given a place to serve, and always given the benefit of the doubt!
3) A healthy church will be something you can believe in! You will find leaders who are sincere and who lead with integrity. You will be able to trust the leaders because they are servant leaders who are under accountability to a Leadership Team and members who have committed to a high standard of membership expectations.
4) A healthy church will have unity which will allow the Spirit of God to move and change lives! Seeing lives transformed by God’s love, power and grace makes it easier to believe in God and in that local church!
5) A healthy church will have teaching and preaching that is believable because it is comes directly from the Bible and will be presented in a clear way that applies Bible principles to daily life.
God’s dream for His Promised Place was a place where His people could believe in Him, in His Word, in His ways, in His will and will have a witness of His Holy Spirit doing His work among the people.
That dream captured Abraham’s heart and called him to a life of faith. Abraham became one of the reasons we believe, a foundation for the faith we love and live by.
This same vision is the passion that drives my life and ministry. I have a strong belief in God and His Word, I want to live a believable life. I want to share my belief with those who don’t believe and convince they that they should believe. I want to strengthen those who do believe by building a Biblical foundation under their belief. I want to build a church that believes strongly in God, believes in the mission He called us to do, believes in people and loves them to life.
What do you believe?