“Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keeps the law, happy is he.” Proverbs 29:18
Labor Day is traditionally an unofficial beginning of the political campaign season. With that in mind I thought I would give you my take on Donald Trump. This has no particular spiritual value but hey, it IS a day off!
· Our nation is desperate for leadership and the Donald is a leader.
· He has a much better and more compelling vision for America than the secular progressives who are in charge now.
· It is clear to see why he is successful!
· He is proof of the adage, “Nothing succeeds like success.”
· He has the courage of his convictions.
· I would love to know A LOT more about his core convictions.
· He doesn’t like Jeb Bush!
· I believe he got into the race to take out Jeb Bush if nothing else.
· It is refreshing to have someone unintimidated by political correctness.
· His boldness is emboldening others and putting a dent in the PC crowd.
· I doubt his conservative credentials.
· BUT, he does have common sense and a vested interest in a prosperous America.
· I believe he will surround himself with qualified and capable people in the White House.
· He will delegate where he isn’t qualified or knowledgeable.
· If he wins the nomination he will name a genuine conservative to the VP spot.
· His First Lady will be a SERIOUS upgrade from our current one.
· He will largely bypass Congress and go directly to the American people as President to implement his agenda.
· The “establishment Republicans” are frightened by him.
· He knows what it takes to strengthen the economy and create jobs.
· He is not against Capitalism and his policies will stimulate the creation of thousands of good paying jobs.
· I believe the Chinese, Iranians and Russians will respect him.
· He knows the mood of the country and is in touch with the American people.
· He will close the border and restore sanity to immigration policies. He MAY actually build the wall.
· He will quickly and systematically dismantle the Obama “legacy”.
· He will be a strong advocate of Israel.
· He may end up being a John the Baptist figure as a “voice crying in the wilderness” and preparing the way for a true conservation (Cruz, Rubio, Walker, et al) when he finally gets his head handed to him on a platter.
· The true leader(s) among the other candidates will be identified by how they respond to Trump.
· His foreign policy will be guided by the best interest of the United States of America.
Just my humble opinions on one Donald Trump for what they are worth.
But, I caution you against investing too much hope in any political person. As a believer you have the hope you need! And as a healthy growing church we, FredWes, represent the hope that the world needs!
What say you?