Thursday, February 27, 2014

February 28, 2014

"Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

There is something wired into the human psyche that needs answers to three big questions:
  • What is real?
  • What is right?
  • What is rewarding?


People want to know what they can believe in, how to behave and what is worth living for. So, where do they find those answers?

When Jesus said, "I am the way" He was answering what is real!

By identifying Himself as "I AM" He is making the connection with God, the "I AM"!  As the way to God He is the way to Heaven. What can be more real than eternity?

Jesus also said, "I am the truth". If Jesus is truth then believing in Him is right! As the Son of the Holy God, He decides and declares what is morally and spiritually right!

But, that is not all! Jesus claims He is also the way to a rewarding and meaningful life!

During His earthly ministry He preached, "I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."  John 10:9-10

Jesus is what's real!

Jesus is what's right!

Jesus is what's rewarding!

Are you one of those who has a voice deep within asking, "What is real?"

If so, Jesus answers, "I am the way to an eternal reality!"

Is there a nagging cry within, "What is right?"

If so, Jesus says, "I am the truth and everyone who agrees with me is right!"

If you are wondering, "What is worth living for?", Jesus says, "I am the life - an eternal leading to an eternal reward!"

Whatever the question, Jesus is the answer!


No comments:

Post a Comment