Saturday, January 18, 2014

January 18, 2014

"He replied, “You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your being, and with all your mind. 38  This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: You must love your neighbor as you love yourself."  Matthew 22:37-39

A second rationale offered to justify abortion is this argument: I am not terminating a human life since it cannot survive outside of the womb.

I would have to ask, "How can it not be a human life when you have a human sperm uniting with a human egg?" If the sperm is alive and the egg is alive how can the cell formed by this union not be considered alive?


If you are lying to yourself about this, what else are you lying to yourself about?



Let me concede your point that it is just a few cells. If it is just a few harmless cells then why would you need a procedure to get rid of them? If it is because you know it is eventually going to be alive then aren't you still guilty of knowingly ending a life if you abort it?

"You are the one who created my innermost parts; you knit me together while I was still in my mother’s womb. I give thanks to you that I was marvelously set apart.  Your works are wonderful—I know that very well. My bones weren’t hidden from you when I was being put together in a secret place, when I was being woven together in the deep parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my embryo, and on your scroll every day was written that was being formed for me, before any one of them had yet happened." Psalm 139:13-16


But let's measure this argument against what God's commandment says.

What decision would you make if God was truly your Lord and you loved Him with all your heart and all your soul and all your mind? Would you please Him by ending a pregnancy?

And what about the second part of the Commandment? What decision would you make if you were to love another as you love yourself? And what about loving yourself? Can you be sure you will still love yourself if you terminate a pregnancy? Is having the abortion the best thing you can do for yourself? Are you glad your mother decided to carry you to full term and give you birth?

There is no doubt that making a decision on whether to end a pregnancy or carry it to term can be a very difficult decision. Shouldn't you seriously consider what God says about it before you make a final decision?

When you factor in God's commandment the decision becomes much clearer doesn't it? 






No comments:

Post a Comment