Thursday, November 3, 2011

November 4, 2011

EKG Day 29 Devotional

Read the prayer of Jesus carefully enough, and you begin to see that the kingdom of God breathes through every oft-quoted line and phrase. 
 
Many scholars, in fact, agree that the Lord's Prayer is at the heart of the Sermon on the Mount and therefore at the heart of our Lord's teaching on the kingdom of God. If for no other reason than this, we should hunger afresh to understand its impact.
 
I can only say that studing the Lord's Prayer has changed my life. I came to it in hopes that God would use it to improve my experience in prayer, and instead He has used it not only to alter my prayer, the Father has sinsitized me to His kingdom activity and has given me the courage to participate with Him as He advances His kingdom through me.
 
I can't wait to see and hear what this prayer doe in your life, as well.
 
 “This, then, is how you should pray: “‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one."
[For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen] (Matthew 16:9-13)

Pray this prayer until you gain a fresh awareness of the kingdom of God!






No comments:

Post a Comment