Friday, August 27, 2010

August 28, 2010

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." II Chronicles 7:14
I will be late posting today because at 6:00 a.m. this morning I will be boarding a bus for DC to attend the 8/28 Restoring Honor Rally on the National Mall in front of the Lincoln Memorial. There will be hundreds of thousands of concerned Americans gather to call on God and humble ourselves before Him.
Please time some time to pray between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. Let's see what God will do!
I will have a full report this evening when I return.
Well, I'm back from a great day with 500,000 of my closest friends! God WAS honored and all the things that make America a great nation were celebrated. You could not be there and not be proud to be an American!
What happens from here remains to be seen. The skeptical side of me says that a vast majority of those who gave up a Saturday and came across the nation to attend this event are likely people who possess a hugh level of virtue and character already. Glenn Beck probably was preaching to the choir for the most part, but all of us can use of reminder and need to be challenged to do what we know to be right.
His message that only God can restore America is the truth and he is the only high profile media person I know of who is saying that. The primary reason I went was to support his courage in taking that stand.
Honor will be restored one person at a time as each decides to honor God and live a moral life. God has saved our nation before, He can do it again. It just takes some faithful people who commit to honor him with their lives and who refuse to be bought, bargained with, or belittled by foes. They will remain faithful to God and to the
Will you be one of those?

No comments:

Post a Comment