Saturday, November 3, 2018

November 3, 2018

"Therefore, say to the Israelites: ‘I am the Lord, and I will bring you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians...." Exodus 6:6

This is the first of the four great and timeless promises God offers to His people. He will bring you out of bondage!

Somehow when I read that promise what came to mind was this New Testament promise:

"What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:31

So, in other words, if God wants to bring you out of bondage He can bring you out of bondage!

There was no more daunting or formidable force in the world at this time than the Pharaoh of Egypt. No nation or army could come against him so none tried to take him on. So, what chance would a group of downtrodden slaves have against him?

None!

But as feckless as the Hebrew slaves were against the Pharaoh the Pharaoh was even less helpless against their God!

I'm sure that over that 400 year period of slavery there were many Israelites who doubted God was with them. In fact, I suspect they believed God had forsaken them. And who can blame them?

I have had those moments when I feel trapped by the circumstances of life. So have you!

But that is why both of these promises are SO powerful and comforting! God said, "I WILL bring you out...." He didn't say, "I might bring you out." Or he didn't say, "Maybe I'll bring you out." Nor did He say, "I sure hope I can bring you out." "I WILL" He said!

And He did!

Because He can anytime He wants to!

And when He wants to nothing can stop Him!

He would do all the heavy lifting all they had to do was believe that He was willing and able to do what He promised!

If you are feeling trapped by the circumstances of your life right now, and you have wondered if God has forgotten you or if He has lost His touch - re-read this post!

Re-read these promises!

He can bring you out of your bondage! He will bring you out! All you need to do is believe that He will and wait patiently until he does!





No comments:

Post a Comment