Friday, July 31, 2015

August 1, 2015

"But He was pierced through for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; The chastening for our well-being fell upon Him, And by His scourging we are healed. All of us like sheep have gone astray, Each of us has turned to his own way; But the LORD has caused the iniquity of us all To fall on Him.…" Isaiah 53:5-6

My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, so far from my cries of anguish? I cry out by day but you do not answer me, by night, I find no rest. You are enthroned as the Holy One; you are the one Israel praises. In you our ancestors out their trust; they trusted and you delivered them. To you they cried out and were saved; in you they trusted and were not put to shame. But I am a worm and not a man, scorned by everyone, despised by the people. All who see me mock me; they hurl insults, shaking their heads. “He trusts in the Lord,” they say, “let the Lord rescue him. Let him deliver him, since he delights in him.”  Psalm 22:1-7

Love protects! You always protect what you love, there's no denying that!

We have established that God's affection is your protection! His love puts a covering of Divine protection over everything and everyone He loves!

I referenced the story of Adam and Eve and how God protected them from themselves and their own rebellious spirit. I showed you examples of God's protection of His people in Egypt during the plagues. I referenced how God delivered His people in the Passover through the blood of a lamb on the door posts. And I showed you how He protected His people from Pharaoh's army at the Red Sea! What threatened to destroy them God used to deliver them!

Today I want to show you one heart-breaking example of one time God did not protect someone He loved. That was the time God allowed His beloved Son, Jesus to suffer a cruel persecution and death in order to cover you and me from our sins! The Father turned His back on His own Son and stayed His protective hand to allow His Son to become the Lamb of God Who took away the sins of the world.

God's love for you caused Him to lift His protection from His own Son! God left His Son uncovered in order to cover your sin.

Now do you see what I mean when I say, "His affection is your protection?"






No comments:

Post a Comment