Monday, June 8, 2015

June 9, 2015

There are many ideas of what love is and what it should be. A group of professional people posed the question “what is love?” to a group of 4 to 8 year-olds. Below are some of their responses:
                                                                                                                       
"Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other." - Karl - age 5 


"Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French fries without making them give you any of theirs." - Chrissy - age 6 



"Love is what makes you smile when you're tired."- Terri - age 4 



"Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip before giving it to him, to make sure the taste is OK." - Danny - age 7 



"Love is when you kiss all the time. Then when you get tired of kissing, you still want to be together and you talk more. My mommy and Daddy are like that. They look gross when they kiss" - Emily - age 8 



"Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it everyday." - Noelle - age 7 



"My mommy loves me more than anybody. You don't see anyone else kissing me to sleep at night." - Clare - age 6 



"Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him alone all day." - Mary Ann - age 4 

"I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old clothes and has to go out and buy new ones." - Lauren - age 4 

"I let my big sister pick on me because my Mom says she only picks on me because she loves me. So I pick on my baby sister because I love her." - Bethany - age 4 

"Love is when mommy sees daddy on the toilet and she doesn't think it's gross."  - Mark - age 6 

"You really shouldn't say 'I love you' unless you mean it. But if you mean it, you should say it a lot. People forget,"- Jessica - age 8 



"There are two kinds of love. Our love. God's love. But God makes both kinds of them." - Jenny - age 8 

God's idea of love is the one that counts the most and His idea is the ideal!

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." I Corinthians 13:4-8

This is the perfect love God has toward you!

This is the perfect love God wants you to receive!

This is the love God requires you to have for others!

And it begins with patience!




No comments:

Post a Comment