Tuesday, April 29, 2014

April 29, 2014


"The one who plants and the one who waters have one purpose, and they will each be rewarded according to their own labor. For we are co-workers in God’s service; you are God’s field, God’s building." I Corinthians 3:8-9

Helen Keller Quote

My life has been greatly enriched by belonging to teams!

In middle school and high school I was on winning basketball and baseball teams. 

Again, in college I enjoyed playing on soccer teams and basketball teams and baseball teams.

Even though I have played on a number of teams in several sports, I have never won a game by myself. Every victory was the result of playing my position as well as I could and counting on my team mates to do the same. Together we were able do what none of us could have done alone, win games and even championships!

That is the beauty of my most favorite team, the local church body at FredWes! In this year that just ended, we accomplished some significant things together that we couldn't have done alone!

While we may have some members who could write a check for $8,500 to drill a well in Africa, many could not. But with the members of our team giving $50, $100, $200, $500 we surpassed our goal and currently have raised over $10,000!

That's a big win!

That's a win that will result in eternal victories!

That win will not only be celebrated in this generation but for generations to come! 

It is the equivalent of your favorite sports team winning a game that makes them the champions of their league forever!

FredWes this Sunday will celebrate a team win when we hand a check for $8,500 to the representative of World Hope International! When we do, you should feel like a winner! You didn't win it by yourself, but we would not have won without you!

Well done!


No comments:

Post a Comment