Monday, July 23, 2012

July 24, 2012

"The Lord is my light and my salvation whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life — of whom shall I be afraid? When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh, when my enemies and my foes attack me, they will stumble and fall. Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then will I be confident. One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life,  to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple. For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock. Then my head will be exalted above the enemies who surround me; at his tabernacle will I sacrifice with shouts of joy; I will sing and make music to the Lord." Psalm 27:1-6

Prior to Thursday night a movie theater was a safe place to go escape your fears and your worries for a few hours.

In the midst of trying to escape their fears they found themselves terrorized by a crazed gunman. As the bullets were flying the movie-goers were diving for a place of safety. Some found it and some didn't.

Stories of bravery and heroism are emerging from that awful tragedy. Several of those who died put themselves in front of their friends and took the bullets instead. They became the safe place for the people they saved.

When you are surrounded by danger and fear seizes you, what do you look for? A safe place!

That is what this section of Psalm 27 is about, where to find a safe place. David, knew where to find a safe place.

He tells you where that safe place is - and Who it is - so you can find that place, too.

Not only is it a place of protection it is a Person! It is the Lord, your light and your salvation. He is your stronghold and He is your dwelling place!

When you build your faith on the foundation of knowing you have a place in Him, you can begin to overcome your fear.

Do you have a place in Him?

Would you find that place?



















No comments:

Post a Comment