Wednesday, March 7, 2012

March 8, 2012

“Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead?  Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!” Luke 11:11-13

One of the greatest honors that could be paid to fatherhood is to be compared to the Heavenly Father and His love!

There is a load of responsibility that comes with that as well.

If you were blessed with a good earthly father you likely had an easier time getting your heart and mind around the concept of God's love.

Throughout my entire childhood I have just three warm memories of my dad but they are powerful ones. I didn't have my dad around as I was growing up so the rare moments I got with him mattered to me.


One time when I was about 5 or 6 my dad, who was an over-the-road truck driver, took me on one of his trips. Another time he took me fishing for a whole day and we caught a lot of large bluegills and crappies. My other memory was when he took my sister and me to a major league baseball game. I gladly would have frozen any of those moments in time.


Because I only have those three memories I was determined to make a bunch of memories with my children and I still didn't do enough. But, I still have chances to make some more!
Fortunately, I have scores of memories and moments with my Heavenly Father and those have been life-changing! Matter of fact, I had one today!

If you were blessed to have a good father to compliment your Heavenly Father, you are doubly blessed! It should be easier for you to wrap your heart and mind and spirit around CRAZY LOVE!

So, do it! Embrace Him! Let His love embrace you! And if he is still around - hug your dad!



No comments:

Post a Comment