Sunday, July 24, 2011

July 24, 2011

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8 

How do you know that God loves you?

How would God know that you love Him?
God made a commitment to you when He sent His Son to die for your sins. And He requires a commitment from you.
I have been beating the commitment drum for the past week. There is a good reason for that. Love is a relationship and relationship requires commitment. God desires a relationship with you so badly that He made the first commitment. For you to receive His love you must make a commitment to Him.
The most important human relationship is marriage and marriage requires a commitment from each partner to the other. Love cannot begin without commitment and it cannot grow without further commitment and it won't continue to grow without continued commitment. It is this hard work that builds healthy relationships.

If you want to do relationships better do commitment better. Commitment means I sacrifice first. Commitment means I serve first. Commitment means I forgive first. Commitment means I listen better. Commitment means I become more patient. Commitment means I give the benefit of the doubt. Commitment means I love unconditionally, like God loves me.

Obviously, if I am to commit to loving like God I must be committed to God. How can I love like Him if I don't know Him? To love like Him I must allow Him to love through me. And, if I need to grow in my love I need to deepen my commitment.

If you are struggling in relationships, examine your commitment level.









No comments:

Post a Comment